Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Pregnancy tag

yeah yeah yeah I want another baby but alas, I know we must wait a little while longer. In the meantime, I'm going to do this pregnancy tag for Alec. I tag anyone who has ever been preggo!


1. Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? In my bathroom. I kinda had a hunch cause I wasn't taking the pill anymore and a certain two parts of my body were super sore....plus I was late! So the test only confirmed what I was thinking.

2. Who was with you? It was a lazy Saturday and the boys were watching a movie and Matt was taking a snooze.

3. How did you find you were pregnant? test for surety.

4. What was your first reaction finding out you were pregnant? I was ELATED!

5. Your husbands reaction? I woke him up from his nap and he had a HUGE smile on his face and we just held each other.

6. Who was the first person you told? After Matt, it was my uncle Hilal. I couldn't get a hold of my parents!

7. Did you plan to get pregnant? Yes and no. We weren't doing anything to prevent it.

8. Did you go out and celebrate? I can't remember! I know that I made a girls night out to BJ's brewhouse to tell my girlfriends a couple weeks later.

9. Did you want to find out the sex of the baby when you were pregnant? YES! And of course, being me, I wanted a girl but I was so happy when I found out it was a boy.

10. How much weight did you gain? a whopping 48 lbs!

11. Did you get any stretch marks? major ones on my tummy in my 9th month of pregnancy. I thought I was lucky until one day, I kid you not, I woke up and saw these nasty cream colored lines all over my lower tummy. they were disgusting. They are almost faded now though.

12. What did you crave the most? Lots of carbonation. I wanted to just DOWN soda's all day long. If it was flat, forget it. It had to have lots of carbonation.

13. What made you feel sick? Oh I was sick the WHOLE time. EVERYTHING made me sick. I still cannot stand cooking chicken because of the smell. I can't stand one of Matt's colognes or shampoos. I was just a mess when I was preggo.

14. Did you have any complications with the pregnancy? I did have hypermesis which is a condition of severe morning sickness. I was in the hospital with an IV feeding me fluids cause I couldn't keep anything down. I also got into a bad accident my 7th month which put me into pre-term labor. had to get a shot to stop the contractions. The accident also pushed the baby down into birthing position and what should essentially happen in your 9th month happened in my 7th. That sucked! Very uncomfortable.

15. Where were you when you went into labor? I was in the guest bed. I couldn't sleep in our bed anymore cause it was not only uncomfortable but I tossed an turned all night. So yeah, in the guest bed and I woke up with like the WORST cramping ever. I ran into our bedroom and said to Matt, "Something's happening and I need to go to the hospital." I've never seen Matt wake up and get ready so quick. We called Kathy Shoopman next door and she came over and stayed with Bryce and Kaden. It was 4am. Thank you Kathy!

16. Did you go early or late? RIGHT on my due date baby!

17. Who was in the room when you delivered? Matt, aunt Ann, cousin Jenny and my mother. I wanted my dad in there too, off to the side of course (ew) but he wasn't able to get a flight so fast from San Francisco. If you know me, you know that I'm all about a party!

18. Did you have any drugs for the pain? Epidural epidural epidural! My LIFE saver. I loved that thing. I instantly felt warm, cozy and zero pain.

19. What was your reaction AFTER you gave birth? OK, that wasn't so bad. He is soooo cute! I cannot believe that huge head came out of THAT!

20. How big was your baby? 8 lbs. 6 oz.

21. What did you name the baby? Alec Jason Painter

22. Did the name have any significance to you? Alec was a name Matt and I had FINALLY agreed on. It wasn't any name I had ever thought about before. I think we got it from a baby book. And Jason cause it's Matt's brother's name and we wanted to pay some tribute to him.

23. How old is your baby now? He just turned 3! can you beleive it?

24. When is the next one coming? We logically and our brains are telling us to wait til after Matt and I are both done with school which is another year and a half but my heart strings are PULLING...so are Matt's.

25. If you could would you do it all over again? I hope to not be so darn sick! But of course I would. And next time a girl!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Cute. I can't believe he's 3!! Doesn't it feel like last month. I still remember Trey's just as much as Grady's, the first one is so special.

Grandma a/k/a Kathy said...

Alec is such a cutie! I was glad to fill in and come over and stay with the boys while you and Matt went to get their baby brother! Keep me in mind for the next one!! I LOVE the grandma stuff!!

just the five of us said...

I loved reading about your pregnacy! It was fun to read. I can't believe how big Alec is now. Next year he will be a Sunbeam:)

Castle Family said...

that was fun to read :) maybe I'll do it later.

Kasey said...

Us girlies, my mom and SIL's and stuff, did a GNO at BJ's last night. It was my first time and it did not disapoint!

My sister did this too, I should do it. It's fun to remember. I'd have to do it 2 times cuz I gots 2 kids.

The Whatcott Fam said...

Hi there- to answer your question, we do not know Sarah and James Whatcott, but my husband says all of us Whatcotts are related somehow! My 2nd grade teacher at pioneer elementary was Mrs. Painter..I wonder if you're related to her :)