Sunday, February 08, 2009

Our Cali trip!


I love the fact that my husband is from an area of California that snows in the Winter. It's about an hour from Yosemite and the little town he's from is called Oakhurst. We love the snow! It makes for a pretty cozy trip! Here are some pictures from our trip in January. Matt and I left the kids with grandma and grandpa and we headed up to Tahoe for 2 days for some nice time together. It was so fun and even though it rained for a couple hours when we were snowboarding, it was a blast!

Matt and I in the lodge at the ski resort getting toasty by the fire.

I love the view of the mountain. Matt likes this view I guess....Look at all that snow! Heaven.



Back at our hotel, we ordered room service at 3 in the morning and we got cheesecake and a sundae! I looooooved being able to sleep whenever and eat whenever. Such a great vacay Matt and I took to Tahoe. if you have kids, you know that this kind of thing is MUCH NEEDED once in a while.
Back with the kids. We found a fun little place and went sledding.


7 comments:

Natalie Lundberg said...

what a fun trip....I want one too. lucky!

just the five of us said...

I love the snow too! That is one of the things I miss about Washington, being only an hour to ski! We haven't skied since we moved to Arizona.

Castle Family said...

that looks like soooo much fun!! You are such a hot mamma- you and your snowboarding self :)

Kasey said...

How fun! I totally want to go boarding. It's been too long! I'm so jealous! For fun!

Tiffany said...

Sarah,

i just got taged so i thiught i would tag you. check my blog for the rules. See you tonight.

tiffy

Karla said...

How fun! It makes me miss the snow to see those pictures - especially since you are playing in it! I haven't been snowboarding in years. I miss it.

Pace & Gwen said...

So, long time no read your blog! Where has life gone?? I spotted this post (sorry you guys are sick, by the way!! Get better soon!) and here is my thought pattern: "Oh, so fun!! They got a vacation, I could use a vacation right now... OK these people are gay. Sorry jealousy set in! :( Kidding, but you're totally photogenic, in an amazing setting and I am thrilled "ya'll" got to go! ..Texas is getting to me :) How awesome of a trip huh?! Lucky woman!